Services and cost
Thrive Psychology session rates are comparable with Doctorate level specialist psychologists in Los Angeles. Please contact our office to learn more about our rates for the specific services you are seeking.
We do not offer a sliding scale due to the limited number of client hours available. However, we know that not everyone is in a place to invest in individual therapy during certain life seasons. Although nothing can replace the value of personalized one-on-one therapy, Dr. Ruan & Dr. Rosenberg offer opportunities to learn and engage via blogs, videos, workshops, community events, and speaking engagements.
Join our social media pages or newsletter list for upcoming events and opportunities. If you'd like to enquire about availablity to speak at your event or mom's group, please contact us and we'll try to make it happen.
Does my insurance pay for treatment?
We are an out-of-network provider.
For out-of-network, payment is made by the client at the time of service or through the online scheduler. If you choose, insurance will then reimburse you a percentage of the session cost.
Insurance providers typically reimburse 50-70% of session costs. Please check with your provider either via phone or online for rates of reimbursement, as they vary.
Helpful questions to ask:
* Do I have mental health coverage?
* What percentage of my bill will be covered for services obtained by an out-of-network provider?
* How many sessions will be covered per calendar year?
* What is my deductible and has it been met?
If you choose to seek reimbursement, you can do this with a "superbill" that lists your diagnosis and other necessary information. Typically, out-of-network providers will give you a "superbill" for you to submit yourself. However, we know our clients lead busy lives, so as a service to you we will submit your superbill weekly on your behalf.
Our clients prefer a personalized higher level of service than is dictated by the tight restraints of in-network managed care. With us, you control your confidentiality and whether your information is released to your insurance. Insurance providers require a diagnosis for payment and keep records of treatment, which may not be beneficial to some of our clients based on their profession or other factors.
Payment for services can be made online or in-session with cash, credit card, Venmo, or flexible spending account (FSA or HSA).
What should I expect from online therapy?
Online therapy is a great flexible option. You can log in for your session from anywhere in the world with wifi. We use the HIPPA compliant online platform Zoom. If you do not have Zoom already installed, we will send you instructions via email prior to your session.
If you schedule your session through our website, be sure to choose the "on-line therapy" option. If you schedule by phone, note whether you plan to attend your session in-person or on-line.
If you have an in-office session scheduled and need to change to an online session, just call, email, or change on the scheduler. This change can be made up until right before your session.
I have young kids and a crazy schedule, but I need this. What are my options?
This practice was created with you in mind.
We encourage moms to use their session time for focusing fully on themselves (a tough thing to do as a mom) and create a space for self-care and peace. But, taking care of yourself as a mom requires a lot of creativity and flexibility. So, if you cannot find childcare, are recovering from birth, or nursing, you have options...
• Regular or occasional use of online sessions. If you have a sick baby at home, travel for work, or can only do therapy on your lunch break, you don't have to forgo therapy. If you have an in-office visit scheduled, but something comes up last minute, you can switch your session to an online session through the website scheduler or via phone.
• In-home sessions after childbirth. Those first few weeks after birth are intense. Anxiety, sadness, and adjustment difficulties are common. If you need face-to-face time but can't make it to the office, in-home visits are available within a certain driving radius of the Santa Monica area.
• Beach therapy. Our office is a couple blocks from the beach in Santa Monica. Your little one can play in the sand, while you get your session. Happy kiddo and happy momma!
- Nursing and baby wearing are welcome in session.